v 1.0, 3 October 1996
This is an ARexx macro for Final Writer to save files in
Text Format (RTF), so they can be imported into Microsoft Word and other
programs that can handle RTF.
You can get the version 1.0 of the macro by choosing `save as` in your
this link (3K lha) or this link (12K source).
Please send bug reports to me with:
- What problem you are seeing.
- What version of the macro you are using.
- What version of FW you are using.
- What application you are importing into with version number
(e.g. Word for Windows 6).
The macro does not implement the whole of the RTF specification (see
implemented features and things to do), and is pretty slow because it
has to read every character in the document.
Information on RTF groups that have been implemented is here.
- Multiple sections
- Columns in a section: number & inter-column gap
- Page size
- Page margins: print area & edit area
- Character position: sub and superscript
- Fonts: name, family, and size
- Font style: bold and italic
- Font underlining: underline, double underline & strikethrough
- Alignment: left, right, centre, justified
- Paragraph indents: first, left, right
- Line spacing
Things to do
- Handle line spacing fully.
- Handle page breaks.